insurance rates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KDJ, Oct 15, 2001.

1. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I have passed up a ton of work because I was insured for just
    lawn care. I been wanting to do some pressure cleaning, here
    in Florida there is a need for that. Could have painted a garage
    for (inside) 225.00 passed that up to. (damm) So I called up my insurance company and told them what I wanted to do.
    They wrote up a policy as a Handyman and saved me 40.00 a year??? I can now do most anything. Is this to good to be true??
  2. I would be interested to see what you can do as far as digging and cutting of trees goes. I believe though that the first accident you cause is on them, after that they don't have to cover you. So for example you cut a tree and it tears up some gutters or something, you are not insured for cutting trees, you are covered for landscaping. According to what I hear they will cover those gutters, but after that you are on your own. I believe there is a good amount of truth to this, just don't want to have to find out, if you catch my drift. ;)
  3. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

With the lawn care only insurance I wasn't covered for tree service, same goes for the handyman insurance. I don't do tree
    work. As far as digging i'am covered to 12 inches deep. So I would be able to repair sprinkers and a little fence repair. I didn't have that on my lawn care only insurance. ( key word "ONLY" ) I talked about and questioned the difference in the policys and for me it sure seem the better way to go. More insurance less money, But the more I think about it even if it cost more It would seem to be a better deal. A handyman opens work up to almost anything$$$$$$$