Insurance Rates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stevesmowing, Nov 22, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Right now I am 16 and this has been my 3rd year in the business. Next year I def. need to pick up insurance. I was curious how much I should be expecting to pay for liability, and commercial on the truck and so forth. Any ideas where to get the insurance? I heard Erie was good and need to look into them more. Also would I have any problems with getting the business registered with the county even though I am minor. I know I can't sign contract.
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I use American Family but i get a discount for for having 3 policies with them
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I've got Erie & Niagara. It's about $600/year. Tons of contractors in Upstate NY use them.
  4. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

i get insurance for less then a 1000 for a great premium. i think you may have a problem with starting a bank account when you underaged thats usally how you sign up with the state. i dont think the county will give you trouble though
  5. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

$600 a year for 1 mil. liabilty? How much more is commercial drivers insurance over regular insurance?
  6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

ours is about 1K/year for million $ coverage.
    then auto (liability, collision, and comprehensive) is about $3000.00/year (for 4 vehickes)