1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance shopping

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gcbailey, Apr 12, 2013.

1. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

Well, I pulled the trigger and switched companies after 5 years. For the past couple of years our premiums on general liability kept going up and up without ever filing a claim or having a claim filed. Started doing some shopping and ended up getting the same coverage for almost half of what I've been paying. So much for "local" agents having your back and best interest.
  2. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have been with the same carrier 4 years for our commercial insurance package - switched 3 days ago and will shave $20,000 off the yearly cost for the same coverage.

Our agent says to expect our employee health insurance renewal to double this year.
  3. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I hadn't gave it much thought until this year and watching "Flo" from progressive. I started shopping around and ended up saving about $3,200. Luckily I've only got a few guys and couple part time summer college help, but man, that would be a killer on the health insurance.