1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance? What Kind Does Everyone Have?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddman35, Aug 2, 2000.

1. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

I am thinking of starting a buisness and need to get insurance for mowing. I am wondering what kind everyone has?<p>----------<br>Todd Maurer<br>

2. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Get Commercial Business insurance and truck insurance. If its only you you might not need the work mans comp now. Shop around I know in New Jersey they kill us in insurance.<br>I think we are the number 2 or 3 highest in the U.S. Good Luck Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance.

3. tslawn

tslawn LawnSite Member

In addition to liability and auto policies, make sure you have insurance to cover your equipment. If something happens to your equipment, you must make sure you have adequate insurance to cover those costs. If not, it could put you out of business FAST.

4. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up liability and equipment coverage from a company out here in California that specializes in such with small business. My agent's son is actually in the business as well, so he knew exactly what I would need and walked me right through. I plan to insure my trailer through the same guy...<p>-TGC