1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Whats it gonna cost me??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Quail Creek LC, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

Guys, next year I plan on getting into fert aplications. I have passed my state tests, but I am not licensed due to the fact that I need to show proof of insurance. Give me an idea what it is going to cost me a year. The state says that I need a minimum of $50000 liability. Thanks

2. lawndreamer

lawndreamer LawnSite Member

I'm not sure on 50,000 I got a quote on mowing and trimming trees for a 100,000 liability it was 564.00 a year. I also got estimate on spraying fert and weed control it was 3000.00 a year for a 1 milllion liability policy. I have found that others in other areas get better rates. It depends on where you are located. 50,000 liability shouldn't be that expensive though. Kentucky requires you to get 1 million liability.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have 1mil GL with pesticide written in it for $1000 a year or $500 a year for each, however you want to look at it.

MATT

4. Lawn Solutions

Lawn Solutions LawnSite Member
    from midwest

I pay $875 for 1 mil coverage for pesticide and limited pollution coverage. Just as info, if you are planning to do commercial accounts you probaly should go with at least 1 million in coverage.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

who needs insurance, its for people who are afraid to take risks

6. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Indiana requires 300,000. Most commercial require 1 Mil 5 & 5 Total. I got the 5 & 5 for 1 mil total for $900.00 a year. 20% yearly increase or submit to a finical audit. Gotta pay the whole year even if your not working cause the ins. co likes it that way. Drop it for6 months and your screwed.

7. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i pay $213 for $500,000 that does include lawn care. mowing, fertlizing... i guess in md it's pretty cheap

8. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Anyone who wants a fert License in this state .

Lawn Solutions who is your carrier ?

9. Lawn Solutions

Lawn Solutions LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Evanston Insurance Company

Through my local Independent Agent

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

bobby...statements like that make you sound like the old Lawn Chopper that got banned a while back. Now there was a clown (him) who once posted that you didn't need insurance cause if you got hurt on a customer's prop, you just go after the homeowner's carrier...LOL. What an ----- he was.