Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by carolinacutter, Apr 3, 2005.

1. carolinacutter

carolinacutter LawnSite Member

What is a "ballpark" amount of insurance to get when only doing a few yards on the side, no commericial jobs or anything, just wanna cover my butt!
    Also can you get that coverage with most insurance companies??
    And do you have to be a licensed bussiness first to get the coverage??
  2. richmadmax

richmadmax LawnSite Member

I called Erie insurance
    cutting grass partime for million dollar coverage i s about $ 250. It not that much, better be safe then sorry
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have Erie also, there rates were the best in my area. Its hard to say the amount of coverage with replacement cost and all. 100,000 sounds like a lot but what if a spark from your blower or trimmer catches some leaves on fire and burns down a 200,000 dollar house, Then 100,000 is no where near enuff. I would look into 500,00 - 1,000,000
  4. carolinacutter

carolinacutter LawnSite Member

cutting grass partime for million dollar coverage i s about $ 250.

$250 a month??....or year???
  5. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Erie here too, best prices around. They offered two different packages:
    Lawn Care-mowing, fertilizing,dethatching,aerating,and pressing applications of pesticides and fertilizers and grounds maintains. DOES NOT include planting or Landscaping or snow removal.

Landscape Gardening: includes all services under Lawn Care in addition to designing and remodeling properties, planting and removing shrubbery, trimming hedges and trees, building or repairing of fences, installing walls, ornamental pools such as ponds,foundations, spas,and deck building. No snow removal either.

Lawn Care- 300/600 350.00Yr 500/1mil 425.00yr
    Landscape gardening 300/600 504.00 Yr 500/1mil 536.00 Yr

Figure out what your needs are and go from there, these prices also include theft.
  6. Mower Man

Mower Man LawnSite Member

For those who are shooting sports fans;

Progressive Insurance CEO & largest stock holder is one of the biggest contributors to anti guns, anti hunting organizations.

Tactifully has been advertising on many outdoor sports shows, ironically sportsman are funding their enemy with $$$$.
  7. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

That 250 is for the year, but speak to your agent to be sure that your equipment is covered for theft or damage.