1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Capitol Lawn, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Capitol Lawn

Capitol Lawn LawnSite Member
    from MD

Does anyone have a testimonial to help me decide where to get insurance for the business?
  2. ODUrugger

ODUrugger LawnSite Member

Well, USAA... but only military or thier relatives get that...

Basically look around and make calls for quotes. Do you have an idea of what you want? My setup is (I think) about average.. I have 2 million payable per year in Liability 15k on the tools. Workmans comp is a seperate thing here, but not required if you have less than 6 employees and pay a "no rider" fee.. That setup costs me 80 per month...
  3. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

For Good Commercial Accounts - They Usually Require 1,000,000 Liability

Had A Workers' Comp Claim This Year For The Very 1st Time

My Company Has Broken 3 Different Windows
  4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Forget all commerical properties with out 1million....If you do screw up someones yard....rock breaks window.....mower crashes into car...ect. do you have the cash up front to pay for the damages that you caused?
  5. farmerphilco

farmerphilco LawnSite Member

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I dont know if this company does business in all 50 states, but I got a good deal with Ohio Casualty. I think alot of independent insurance brokers sell for them.....at least here they do.
  7. Capitol Lawn

Capitol Lawn LawnSite Member
    from MD

all yall can expect a christmas card from me!!!!!