Insurance ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Sharp Services, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

I have had my liability insurance with Garris Company for the past year and have not been pleased with there customer service or price. At Garris I am paying $76 a month for $1 million in general liability. Yesterday I called around to get a price on insurance and was quoted a price of $56.00 per month for the same coverage with Grange Mutual Ins. Company. Has anyone ever dealt with this company and if so were you pleased?

Also ... I am thinking of getting a quote on a theft policy for next year ... I am going to be financing a new Walker ($10,200) and want to have it covered ... just in case. Does anyone carry this kind of Policy and at what point do you remove the coverage on older equipment? After the Walker I figure I will have about $20,000 worth of equipment (new cost) but some of it is over 5 years old. The older stuff still runs great and would cost a lot more to replace at todays cost.

Thanks for your advice and help,

2. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have all my auto and home insurance with Grange...good company no problems...business is with Erie...

3. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have business liability with Grange. I've never had a claim but they seem to be a good company.

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have full theft coverage. Most Ins Companies refer to it as Inland Marine Coverage. In most cases it is quite an expensive add-on but well worth it. I have $10M Liability Coverage, $200K Theft and also have Pesticide Coverage through Zurich and pay about $1400.00 a year NOT including my vehicle coverage which is with a different company.

5. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info ... I think I will make the change.