insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mp067, Dec 22, 2005.

1. mp067

mp067 LawnSite Member

just got a quote for liability insurance 1500 for the year with 2 million in coverage.that will cover any claims against me and cover all my equipment and trailer for theft and /or damage to same. the deductible is 500 per claim. is this high or in the general range others are paying. i live in penna. and do not snow plow. thanks

2. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I'm paying about $350 a year for the same. I'm with Erie. Farm Brearu has the best rates but you gotta have good credit. I could get it for $150.

3. Reliable Lawns

Reliable Lawns LawnSite Member

$ 330.00 per year...

4. mp067

mp067 LawnSite Member

how much liability do you have? that is a major difference..

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

1 mil coverage, 350, but that doesnt cover equipment.... that is why yours is more, also depends on years of experience, next year im covering equipment too, it will go up a little

6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a good price I pay about $1700 for lawn treatments snowplowing equip coverage and reg liability.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Farm bureau here,600,000 $160,00 a year

8. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

how much are new yorkers paying in there insurance?(general liability)

9. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

American Family gave me 2 million coverage for everything including tree work below 35 feet, all for 300 bucks. No equipment coverage. I am not worried about it. I leave my keys in the truck at night. Crime is low in my area I live outside of town a good ways.

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

WOW. I need to switch to your agent. Im paying 2400 per year for 1mil liability.