Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by, Apr 6, 2001.

1. I would like to know how much insurance to carry starting out and maybe a few leads on a insurance company that deals in Nebraska. Thanks and keep on mowing. Don
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Most insurance brokers can fix you up with insurance. We carry $1,000,000 in liability plus a Inland Marine on the equipment.

Would it be OK if I make your user name a bit shorter by moving the Omaha, Ne off of your user name and put it in your Location? Please let me know as I could take care of that. It makes the pages get off set when you have a long user name like yours.
    Let me know
  3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I also carry 1 million liability and inland marine on my equipment. These days with the sue crazy world we live in anything less is useless! Now in days when some one sues, they sue for a million, not 100,000!
  4. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

If you plan on doing any commercial properties, you may need more than one mil liab.
    Call around to ins offices, they will know what the minimum you'll need. The prices will also vary from one company to another.
  5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Try Grinnell Mutual 641-236-6121. I have 1 mil liability and inland marine on equipment. $300+- per year
  6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

$300 for liability and inland? we pay closer to 5 grand for a mill liability and theft fire etc, on about 100 large in equip based on 150g in payroll. Some businesses have asked us to go 2 mill, what, THEY gonna sue us? Dave