Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lynch Landscaping, Jun 7, 2006.

  1. Lynch Landscaping

    Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member
    Posts: 218

    To run my business what kinds of insurance do I need? The work that I will be doing is Mowing, Maintanence, Snow Plowing and also alittle bit of installs.
    And how much, all together, what will this run me?

    Thanks Lynch Lanscaping
  2. cessnasovereign

    cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 292

    $500 for the year via Nationwide auto insurance. Just covers "lawn care" I'm sure landscaping and snowplowing will be more.
  3. Raven386

    Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT
    Posts: 2,160

    i got a quote from Nationwide for snowplowing. . . $1500.... im paying $750 for a 1mil. policy from them
  4. carcrz

    carcrz LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,085

    I'm paying $700 through Columbia Mutual for the Mowing - landscaping included. Can't go off the ground for tree trimming. No Snow. 1 Mill. policy.
  5. topsites

    topsites LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 21,653

    Insurance requirements vary from state to state. When you get your business license, ask those folks there these same questions.
    They should be able to answer everything except how much it will cost.

    If you already have your license, likely you can call to ask the questions.

Share This Page