Insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cliplawn, Mar 9, 2007.

1. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a legitimate, affordable insurance company? I'm shopping for one. So far my best quote is about $850 for $500,000 and $980 for 1,000,000.

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Those rates seem really high, I thought mine were high at $800 for a 1-mil policy and I feel as though I'm getting a very terrible rate. Seems like most other LCO's are paying in the $600 or less range for their 1-mil insurance.

3. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Does that quote include any equipment insurance?

4. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

If that is for a GL only, then that seems really high. I work in insurance currently and I quoted myself for 300/600 limits and it came out to be somewhere around $240. Without knowing whether or not you have equipment coverage and without knowing the going rate in that area though it's hard to say for sure.

5. Cut n Edge Lawncare

Cut n Edge Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have a million dollars liability with zero deductible and $10,000 equipment with a $1000 deductible its $653 a year. I also have a million on my truck with a $500 deductible its $1050 a year. Give Erie a call

6. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Try Erie Insurance. The quoted me $303 for $1mil liability. No equipment coverage. Would be cheaper if you switch all of your insurance to one company (auto, home,ect.).