1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rcracer, Jan 10, 2008.

1. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

I believe this has been answered before but I was wondering what is a good minimum of liabilty insurance to have. My insurance company quoted me 300,00 for 650.00 a year. Is this right or could I just go with 100,000 dollars worth of insurance. Thanks for the help:usflag:
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure who quoted your policy but I have 1,000,000.00 in liability coverage for only $520.00 yr. Your quote of $650.00 yr for 300,000 in coverage seems high.
  3. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

I got 500.000 to 1 mill covarage for 300.00 it seems high for that
  4. Elite LawnCare

Elite LawnCare LawnSite Member

I pay 740 for 500,000 liability with the extra snowplow option. includes 10,000 equipment protection too in upstate NY
  5. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

Man I would be getting screwed I think I will check with other companies. Thanks for the help!
  6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Insurance is the biggest scam going.....I called 5 insurance companies in my area for quotes for 1,000,000 policy the following were the quotes I received $2020, $1700, $1200, $750, $625/year....all of these agents are in the same city and policies were identical and the information given to them was identical. How can one agent quote $2020 a year and another quote $625 a year, that's a difference of $1395 a year..:confused:...IN OTHER WORDS DO YOUR HOMEWORK...CALL AS MANY INSURANCE COMPANIES AS YOU CAN and don;t settle for the 1st price given to you!..........GOOD LUCK
  7. Edmond_Dantes

Edmond_Dantes LawnSite Member

Everyone is trying to get their Katrina money back. Being in North Louisiana, I dropped my homeowners and car insurance with a company that jacked my rates up because of losses in the South. I went with a company that does no business in South Louisiana and saved a bunch of money (and no it wasn't Geico).
  8. pressley10r

pressley10r LawnSite Member
    from NC

all you guys are joking right? i pay i think $210/ year for 1 mill
  9. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

Are you using places that provide insurance for the US or just home state? I noticed that using ones that are just based in one state seem to have lower prices than nation wide ones.
  10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Jeremy - I have $500K occ/$1mil aggr GL coverage for my small operation. Runs me about $130.00 per year. Thinking of going to $1mil/$2mil this year if possible and that should still be under $200.00 per year. Be sure to utilize an independent agent that represents multiple companies to get you the best deal. Personally, I would not go with less than $500K occ and $1mil occ is better.