insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ghfire, Feb 20, 2008.

1. ghfire

ghfire LawnSite Member

Just wanted to know how much a genral liabilty police should cost. Got a quote for 300,00 liability no equipment for $1193.00. Is this right or way to much. Let me know.

2. Weekes

Weekes LawnSite Member

depends on your area, just like car insurance. I got 600,000 for 450.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Weekes is right - but do some searching with independent agents, your price seems high for GL. I have 500K for under $150/yr. But I am a small operation - if you are a larger op with employees and high gross sales then your price is more understandable.

4. woodie08

woodie08 LawnSite Member

I got a price for 40.00 month for 12 months of coveage. the problem I have is the season for me is 8 months:dizzy: but for that price I got 300,000. liablity and 7,000 on equipment. but thats only for me no employeees and that is not insured to my truck bye the way:cry:

5. bas122286

bas122286 LawnSite Member

Wow that seems really high for that little bit of liability. I have 1,000,000 in general liability, and my equiptment insurance wich covers my trailer, mowers, handhelds(weed-eaters, edgers etc...), and my rakes, shovels, etc... for only $912.00 per year. I went with an independent agent in my area. Mine also comes with equiptment rental insurance, medical and a few others.

Brian

6. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

We pay about $950 a year for $1,000,000 or about $400 for $350,000

7. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

i am about 500 for a 1mil policy and snow plowing included

there is a few clauses that suck but i can live with

Nate

8. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

You guys with limits below 1 mil should call your agent and ask him to quote it. Usually increasing limits will not raise rates exponentially. I quoted 500/1 mill limits and then 1 mill/1 mill and the diference was $30/year more.

I've always been told commercial props. require 1 mill minimum, but I could be wrong.

9. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

really i might be the cheapest guy on lawnsite

really

but to run around with less then a mil is silly

most commercials want a mil minimum and the cost for 500 was only 35 dollars less....i wanted 2 mil but my gross was too low for the policy to be written

you know how quick you could have a million dollar oops Kick a peice of debris into a roadway and cause an accident or worse a multicar accident...

I sleep better at night being overinsured rather then under

Nate

10. ghfire

ghfire LawnSite Member

Who do you guys go through.