1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jerry Lee, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member

I talked to my insurance guy today and he quoted me $100 a month for a liability policy of $100,000,000. Is this what an average price would be?
  2. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

im suprised i got 2,000,000 for 350 a year. did you mean to type 1 mil or what you typed, 100,000,000.?
  3. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah sorry i meant to put 1 mil, thanks
  4. bigclawnman

bigclawnman LawnSite Member

I am paying $75 every quarter with Nationwide.
  5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I pay less for my 1mil policy. I know I get a discount because I have my house, personal auto, commercial auto and biz liability with the same agent. I should also note that price is affected by gross income. The higher you gross the more you pay and I'm getting pretty close to an increase.
  6. ghfire

ghfire LawnSite Member

Try Hortica insurance, best I could find. 1mil GL for around 200
  7. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

The lowest I have seen for a sole prop is 319. to 335. with limits ranging from 1Mill to 2Mill. I would check to be sure all of the limits are in place, especially products/completed ops for these quotes under 300.

As always, comparing across states does not work. Also, steer clear of those that use your gross receipts and not payroll as your premium basis. owner payrolls locally are a set amount and do not increase your premium if you make more money, only if you increase payroll.

To Big C: I just beat nationwide last week. I would like to see that paper some day.
  8. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Starting out last year I was quoted $330/yr.

The guy is raping you. I wouldn't even return his phonecalls.
  9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

im paying $415 - 1 mil ..... I got a quote from someone else for $385
  10. harddog00

harddog00 LawnSite Member

Damn!! Im getting ripped off! Lowest i have found is $507