1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NickWilson, Aug 13, 2008.

1. NickWilson

NickWilson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Just a quick survey.....Do you have liability Insurance? If so how much coverage and what is your premium.
    Thanks Just curious to see what is out there.

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep....1 mil GL....$600 a year

3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

One Mill, plus $25K in equipment coverage for about $750/yr.

4. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

1 Million coverage includes equipment coverage and pesticides. Less than $400 per year
    through Erie Insurance. Also have a second policy from Farm Bureau I need to cancel. They would not cover pesticides and it is $300/year.

5. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

1 million coverage, coverage for pesticides, and my Zero Turn Specifically (No other tools are covered) for $471.

6. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

1 Million coverage $557.00 per year.. Amount doubles for every employee i hire that i pay 15,000 per year or more.

7. brandtb1

brandtb1 LawnSite Member

It is based on either employees or payroll. The more that you have, the higher the cost of the insurance. One guy should get $1,000,000 for about $350 -$450 per year and the equipment will be a little bit more. If you are running five employees full time, it will be a lot more.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

500K limit, $135 annual thru Grinnell Mutual. Solo op here, no employees, GL only.