1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Alf1096, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Alf1096

Alf1096 LawnSite Member
    from TX

I have one insurance company quoting me for insurance she estimated to 1M approx 4000 a year. This seems really high to me. Who do you use and what is your premium. I will only be doing fert and weed control.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Just liability? If so that is extremely high.

3. Grassworks Inc.

Grassworks Inc. LawnSite Member

Pesticide coverage. Pollution liabilty. That's over and above basic business liability.

4. cgaengineer

Not for me it's not...
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Alf1096

Alf1096 LawnSite Member
    from TX

The one for 4k mentioned the polution liability and stuff. Just got a quote from another company for 700 for 300k liability and 10k in equipment.

6. cgaengineer

That sounds about right...ours is about that but covers pesticides.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Grassworks Inc.

Grassworks Inc. LawnSite Member

make sure the policy states "pesticide coverage". You may not be able to get a state pesticide business license otherwise.

8. Alf1096

Alf1096 LawnSite Member
    from TX

Which one is about right the 700 or 4000

9. cgaengineer

$700
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

We pay more than that, we use Philadelphia insurance they write for a lot of pco's . What we ran into is companies don't want to insure 100 percent chemical operators, if you do lawn mowing and feet then there is limited exposure on their end. Once u r 100 per fert and squirt 100 percent exposure for chem spill etc. just like lawn care or buying a car you get what u pay for. personally take a hard look at what your getting
    Posted via Mobile Device