1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jones68, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

I know this topic has been discussed on here before, but I would like to get some current information.

What insurance companies are you guys using? What does your policies include/cover? and what is your cost?

I know wording has a lot to do with cost and coverage. I want to make sure that I am covered without paying for something that I dont need.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you have employees.:waving:
  3. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

4. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I should have specified I am mostly solo but i will pull an occasional guy in to help with a rail road tie (those things are too much for me to muscle around all day) or in the fall time i pull someone in to help with leaves and such.
  5. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I'd say call around and get quotes, If you are looking to do commercial then you should have minimum $1mill policy, GL... I'll leave it to the other guys on here everyone's is different.
  6. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

I get mine from Erie Insurance......
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Fahzu

Fahzu LawnSite Member

In Southern California, I am paying $113 per month for 1 mil. coverage. 60k in sales. Call and get quotes from brokers, you don't have to commit to anything. It's based on your sales so you will have to project what you will make for the year. Workers comp is more and hard to get, that's based on your projected payroll.