1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenthumb, Jun 22, 2000.

1. Greenthumb

Greenthumb Guest

Getting a little bigger and starting to pick up com. accounts,looking for qualty,and good price,any info would be helpful
  2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

You might want to talk to another lawn company in your area. I used Allstate for the first 2 years in business then found another company that charged about $400 less/year. Most policies are about the same. Just tell the agent you want good coverage and no problems if you ever have a claim. Also try an independant broker, they have dozens of different companies they can choose to sell from, so they can tell you who provides good service along with the best price. By the way, take care of this immediately.
  3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

For very competitive PRICING, call LandPro Direct (800) 272-6771
  4. Greenthumb

Greenthumb Guest

Lazer thanks land pro did the trick it only 24 doolers more than my regualar insuance
  5. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I got a quote today from Allstate (who covers my vehicle) on liability. Seemed very high compared to what I've seen here. For 100,000/300,000 coverage the premium is $850/year. If I understand what I've read on some of these posts, some are getting $1,000,000 coverage for around $400/year, correct?<p>The Allstate policy also says they can only cover $2500 maximum per piece of equipment on their Inland Marine Insurance, and the deductible on that is $1000. I'm guessing that's high as well. Have any of you encountered a per piece maximum on Inland Marine?<p>-TGC
  6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Forget about Allstate, get an insurer that handles our industry. <p>2500.00 max value with 1000.00 deductable? That not insurance!<p>The liablity premium is going to be based on sales, payroll or some other indicator that allows the underwriter to evaluate exposure.
  7. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Paying approx $600 for 1,000,000 liab.
  8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Paying about $400 for $1m liability from Nationwide