Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AdvancedLawn, Mar 22, 2004.

1. AdvancedLawn

AdvancedLawn LawnSite Member

I have been looking at getting insurance for the business the past few weeks. The only problem is that they tell me it is going to be around 1500 a year due to my previous stupid behaviors as a younger adult. I was wanting to know if this was high or not, Thanks.
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

well, i'd say it all depends on what kind of stupid behaviors you are talking about. It seems a little high to me but maybe not under certain curcumstances.
  3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

If you continue to operate your business without insurance, then you haven't learned anything from your previous stupid behaviors.

As to the cost, it will vary greatly. Get a few quotes from different companies and see how they compare. That's about all I can tell you. Since everyones company is specific to their situation, a number will be hard to relate to your own operation.

I guess your $1500 is cheap compared to our $10,000 per year.
  4. AdvancedLawn

AdvancedLawn LawnSite Member

Three D.W.I. s- Yeah I put the bottle down and have been sober a year last thursday. Man just one of the curve balls that life threw me. HaHaHaHaHa
  5. Karian

Karian LawnSite Member

Randy got it right , Shop around same coverage can vary greatly.

Are you talking general liability or commercial auto?. DWI should not affect General. If so use a different agent.
  6. FarrisFrog

FarrisFrog LawnSite Member