insurance???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jan 12, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hi guys. First, thanks for input about handling allergies/asthma.
    Now, looking to start small scale lawn maintenance biz this spring. Was wondering what kind of $ I could be looking at for insurance?
    Would just need liability I guess, no employees.
    Just some ballpark idea. Thanks.

Jonathan

2. Bob Shoaff

Bob Shoaff LawnSite Member

I paid about $400 this year and that gives me $1,000,000 in Liability and all the other things that go along with a standard policy. If you plan on doing any commercial jobs they require at least the 1M and sometimes 2M. This is just from my past experience. Hope that helps. Make sure whatever you do that you shop around.

3. G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE

G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE LawnSite Member

We payed for insurance last year around $440.00 peryear,All i can say is you, IT WILL BE YOUR BEST INVESTEMENT .YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO NOT HAVE INSURANCE,IN THIS BUSINESS.To many things can and will happen,no matter how carefull you are.

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Does insurance cover something like: Your lawnmower launches a rock right at a window and breaks it? Does it pay for the window and the installation of the the new window?

5. G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE

G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE LawnSite Member

Yes Vibe Ray,insurance will pay for replacement of window plus labor,you supply the deductiadle,so if it is a small window, its up to you what your company can afford.

6. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

We pay $300.00 per year for $500,00 in liability, also covers equipment. $758 for full coverage for the '92 Chevy dump, just my wife and I as drivers. $500 deductable on both.

Paul

7. Pauls Mowing

Fixing typo on above post:

$300.00 for $500,000.00

Paul

8. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Who do you guys that have insurance use?I've got state farm for my home an cars .They quoted me a price of like 500$.700$ with equ.Who do you have???

9. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

My insurance went up this last yr, I pay 426.00 for 1-Million in liability, I have never had to use it in 9yrs, but i would never go without it, good investment, peace on mind, a must in a business. My truck is insured with American Family full coverage, its cheaper this way for me. Marks Mowing Service

10. Pauls Mowing

Both liability and the truck are through American Family.
    Our personal car and truck are through others. We have yet to find one company to insure everything for a reasonable rate, business, cars, boat and home.

Paul