Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by John P., Dec 3, 2004.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

I have been reading alot of new posts with younger guys (15-19) , and they are saying that they have insurance. My questions is how much does it usually cost? Where do you get it what does it cover. Do people look for that when you take on jobs?

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I would take it you are talking about General Liability. It all depends on what type of work you do, employees, limits, etc. Usually from $700 and up yearly. :)

3. John P.

Yeah thats what I'm looking into like a basic general liability...............for one worker being myself, and only being covered for mowing lawns.

4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

john, i am solo, part time (makes no diff), have no employees, dont cut trees or remove snow. I was quoted $357/year (cheapest i found). Actually, i am getting another quote. Should be arriving any day now. PM me in a few days if you are interested in how much it is.

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 17 and pay $500 for liability, theft, and equipment insurance in my name.

6. John P.

Do you find that it helps to have it for getting jobs?

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I have insurance for everything. I also plow so mine is a lot higher. But I have yet to have anyone ask me for proof of insurance. But I tell you what it sure is a nice feeling knowing if god forbid something does happen my butt is covered.

JP

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 39 and pay $26,000

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

FOR INSURANCE????????????? tell me you are kidding, sodking!!!! Annual?

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah well that was last years price, I asked for a full audit and this years price is a much more reasonable $18,000....yippeee