Insurances

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by landethics, Jul 24, 2006.

1. landethics

landethics LawnSite Member

do any of you know any good insurance companies to use for liability insurance? we are just starting up and want to get an idea on the cost.

thanks!

2. onthesidelawncare

onthesidelawncare LawnSite Member
    from Jax. FL

Nationwide next door to tools for a time on old st augustine seem to have good prices.

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I pay 1600 a year. This is full coverage for all my equipment and my pickup truck(see sig for equipment list).

Also that is 1mil liability, and there's other coverages like physical damage and bodily injury I think. Don't have the policy in front of me...

4. landethics

who do you have your policy with?

5. landethics

who do you have your policy with?

Thanks!!!!!

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Right at 800 for the year --- With Hartford.

7. mblackburn

mblackburn LawnSite Member

very important...this insurance especially one that covers your expense if your injured..aaflac..lol

My dad is a contractor..not lco and fell through a roof today and injured himself badly...his livelyhood depends on him being able to work so the medical bills are bad enough, but no income is worse his helper also depends on him to be able to work...insure all the way its the first luxury you should afford yourself

Fyi I hit a rock with a mower and slammed a customers pickup (luckily we found no dent must have hit the rims or a plastic part) with it (40,000 dollar truck 35 dollar yard) again ...insurance...its absolutely the first thing you should get

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm around a grand through Allied. This covers spraying and limited aerial also, though.

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Secura Insurance.

10. jeromet

jeromet LawnSite Member

$398.00 a year with alfa, you can can pay by the month with the first two payments up front. But I have my home and vehicles with them