insurence anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jan 18, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

all this talk about insurence.....a little math. how much do you spend on insurence a year? heres mine: homeowners=$700. personal auto=$1250. pest + business liability=$900. life insurence=$1800. credit card protection=$250. health insurence=$12,000. that's $16, 900 JUST INCASE i need it. what a scam. insurence is for suckers i think. i vote we all drop everything (except life ins).

2. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. That's just about exactly what im paying too. Health will probably be about $4,800 for me a poor lonely boy with no family. Otherwise I'm in the same boat. I guess I should be glad Im not getting ripped off more than I am. Just switched business Liability to State Farm and added power washing. The premium will be $600 less than with the other company. I guess it pays to shop. -Paul

3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I pay $750 biz insurance, $1500 a year for one 92 Chevy 1500, no house, parents pay for my life and heath insurance.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Insurance is definately a scam. It's really only good for those big "oh sh!t" situations that can be very expensive. We pay for protection for "what could happen".

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

go back, thru your entire life, and tell me how much money you would have spent, if you didn't have insurence. for most of us it's very little. for a few, it's alot of money. but, do you realize, if you keep all the money you were gonna spend on insurence, and for 3 decades invest it properly, you could retire a millionair?

6. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

It's a no lose situation for them. File a claim & they either raise your rates or drop you. You're forced to have it by law. It would be nice if we had some Lawn Care Business people get elected to office & pass laws mandating that lawns be mowed by LCO's only , never by homeowners. And set the price scale from high to higher.

7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Homeowners= $900, Health Insurance (me and family) $13000, employees $18000, Life insurance= $585, Personal auto= $600, Business Auto, general liability, facility, workers comp= $26000,

Someday telling all those bloodsucking liars to screw....priceless.

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

youre dreaming. but man, what a sweet dream... :)

9. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

justfor you bobby,and you buddie yardpro

1- auto insurance-home owners-228.00 per month.

part time equipment and liability insurance-400.00 per year

health insurance for whole family--0

20 yr retirement for me,wife works for state and will retire fully at 41,me 51

also wife has spending account that pays us back for all copays and perscriptions

yep im partime scrub,but no fool.

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean. It's all a big gamble. I don't know how it is in your state, but here in VA you have to have insurance to get tags for your vehicle. I have had 2 hand surgeries and 1 hernia surgery since 1999. In those situations, I was glad I had it. But when I have to pay the premiums, it sucks.