Int. Plant Maint.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kutnkru, Feb 5, 2001.

1. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We received an invitation to bid a rather large commercial complex. We can handle the grounds and snow removal without problems. But there is a stipulation for "interior plant maintenance".

My questions are these:
    >>What are the keys for weekly monitoring of the plants??
    >>Are there any basic varieties that are common for seasonal color changes for these applications??
    >>What type of guarantee should I give for the changes in seasonal color??

Does anyone have some basic guidelines to assist us with our propsal.

Thanks for your advice,
  2. thefarmer4

thefarmer4 LawnSite Member

Are there already plants there or will you be providing them. What type of a commercial complex is it. (a mall)
    Whats the lighting and temperature inside these two are very important. Is the lighting all florescnt or is there natural lighting also?
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Are these plants actually inside or are they in an Atrium? If it is an Atrium, does it have a sprinkler system?
  4. You might want to sub the work out for a year until you can get a interior plant pesticide license.

You also might want to see if Cornell has any short courses on the needs and wants of interior plants.
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

The plants are in planter beds situated inside. They consist of hanging baskets in offices, pottery on pedestals, planter boxes in gathering areas inside the building, and window boxes at the companies lunchrooms.

90% artifical lighting and we would be the watering system. It is a smoke free work place.

Thanks for the advice stone I will contact some friends at our local Cornell Co-Operative Ext. for further assistance.

Thanks for the help.