1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Interested in Purchasing Hustler Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by esshaki, Mar 9, 2005.

1. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

Im currently interested in purchasing a Hustler Z for the 2005 Season, and i just basically wanna know whats good and whats not good about this machine. If anyone has any insight please feel free to email me or respond to this post. From what i understand they are great mowers, and i just really wanna know what other have to say about this mower.

Michael Esshaki
    For Sale
    2004 Ferris 48" Hydro Mower
    This mower has been used for One Season is was bought in July 2004 and we stopped using it in October. If anyone is intersted in this mower please contact me at esshaki@comcast.net.
  2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 of them. A 2003 and 2004. Both with the 24hp Honda motor.
    I can't really think of anything bad. Both have the suspension seat, so the ride is good. The cut quality is good, the hydros are very smooth, no jerky motions to it. They do great on hills. Holds 12 or 13 gallons of gas. Very well built and a good warranty.
    You won't be dissapointed.
  3. Bigjim810

Bigjim810 LawnSite Member

Ihave a Z with 24 HP Honda. Great quallity, well built. I have had no problems. One suggestion is : "There is no substitute for horsepower", especially if you willl be using in commercial application. Bigger is better!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

2004 I have a 52" super Z and love it. I did talk to a guy that was having some minor service work done to his which was a 70" EFI, he was loaned a 70" carburated model same size engine, he said he wouldn't go back to the carburated model. He said the powerband is much more consistant, and can believe him. I Think my next one will be an EFI as well. Mine has plenty of power, but EFI seems to be a better choice. Hope this helps!
  5. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, im have made a decision to purchase the mower, now im just waiting for my dealer to get it in.

For Sale
    17hp kaw, includes sulky
    $4000.00 (No reasonsable offer denied) Purchased in July 2004

For Sale
    6' 1/2 x 12' Trailer
    4' Ramp
    Great Condition
    Purchased in April of 2004.
  6. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

What did you get?
  7. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

2005 hustler z 60"
  8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We have several Super Zs that have worked out well for us. Can't say anything bad about these machines. I will however suggest a dealer because they have always and I do mean always been great, even if I didn't buy my machine from them. They are Pro Mower in Warren. Mike & John are the best. I truly feel they care about the customer and do the best they can to satisfy each and every one. I can't say enough.... Kudos to ya Pro Mower!!!!

John - Metro Lawn
  9. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

thanks i was actually at the open house on the 16 tried the mower out and everything actually i have to say its really impressive.