1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Doorhanging experience!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

So get this. One of our guys calls me to tell me that the postal lady stopped another one of our guys and said something to him about putting the door hangers, get this, at the peoples doors. Now, I could understand them being upset if you are placing on or in the mailbox, but at the door. The lady apparently said to him "You shouldn't be doing that!" They called me and I told them to continue doing what they were doing. As long as they are not putting the hangers anywhere near the mailbox the post office has absolutely zero jurisdiction when it comes to enforcing where and when and to whom you can door hang. My guess is that they know someone that is a landscaper or they are upset that we are not using the postal service. I just do not understand why should would be upset and say anything in the first place. Quite interesting!
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Americans and there crazy postal rules lol.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

probably right Rob
  4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I don't even know how they can say that you can't put anything on the mailboxes either. The home owner has to pay for and maintain their own mailbox.... I think its BS if you ask me.