Interesting job. Pics of iron included!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Dec 4, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Took a few days off to operate equipment for a buddy on a very kool job. We are launching a newly built tug boat into the Mississippi river. We will lift the boat using custom built air bags and machines to manuever and as an anchor point. Iron on site: Cat D6, Cat D5 dozers, Cat 330 excavator & Cat 259b loader. I was running the 259 today & will be running the d5 2morrow. We got rained out today while staging the crane mats & airbags. We built a sand ramp to slide the rug down into the river. Here are the pics from today, will take lots more 2morrow. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KrayzKajun

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you think of the 259B ?

4. KrayzKajun

Its a good lil machine, could use some more ass behind it. I was working it hard today pushing crane mats in the mud.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome Job Jacob. Are the machines owned or rented? Let me know your opinions on the D5, looking to add a blade to the fleet.

6. PonyExpress94

PonyExpress94 LawnSite Member

Where is this boat yard and what is the name of it? The company I work for had 15 boats built at three yards down in Louisiana in the last 10 years. Interested to know if this yard is one of them.

7. KrayzKajun

This is a river tug towing company. They build their boats. This is in luling,La.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. KrayzKajun

Sean, the company i run equipment for owns the new D5k & the 259b3. The D6 & 330 are owned by another friend who does heavy construction. Ive put close to 100hrs on the D5 this year doing clearing jobs. Awesome machine to run. I may be working a deal on a small D3 & a bobcat T300 from a friend who owns a heavy equipment repair and rental company. He is upgrading his fleet and has offered me some good deals on equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

What series d3 is it ? c, g, or k?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

I use to watch the show on t.v. where they would salvage the boats and barges that ran aground with the same systems you guys use to launch the boats.

I forget what it was called, but I think it only ran for a season or two.

-Michael