1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Little Known Green Industry Fact

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

In China, men who are caught organizing a rebellion against the Communist Party have their legs cut off and are forced to cut grass with hedge trimmers.

2. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

ha! power tools? not likely...a REAL Maoist would make him use toenail clippers..see the irony? ;)
  3. I'll remember that if I ever go to China to start a rebellion.
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

When I was in a resort in Jamacia they used large knifes to weedeat with. Not sure if they were just that poor backward or it was a noise issue with the resort.
  5. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

yep...we've been fortunate to have visit many islands in the Caribbean and have seen this on most of them. In St Kitts back in June and saw it then. A guy cutting weeds 2 foot tall and higher with large knife (or machete), he looked to be 6' tall, bending over cutting that stuff to 6 inches or so. What's so amazing..we came back by 30 minutes later and the area he had cleared was unreal, don't think i can go that fast with wacker :cry: :cry: . oh yea...he was barefooted. :dizzy:
  6. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

That is the biggest shrub I have ever seen.
  7. Hans-Ulrich

Hans-Ulrich LawnSite Member

now thats funny
  8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Sur RainMan

Your trolls never fail to catch me hook line and sinker. However I am laughing at you, not with you.