1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Trailer !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Redmowers, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

One of the Lawnsite members drew up a plan on a trailer like this last year. It is a slick set up, but I would think the price would be a lot. I notice there is no price on these.
  3. Redmowers

I may contact them to see the $$$$ of an average model.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Looks good, but there's not much hauling capacity. You could maybe fit one walkbehind on it.
  5. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

without a tailgate if anything gets loose its hitting the car behind you.
  6. Redmowers

7. Redmowers

The torsion suspension is also nice .I'm going to incorporate that suspension in my next trailer,smoother ride less bouncing when empty (although not usually empty)
  8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

I have thought about torsion suspensions. Do they make any with the weight capacities required for a 16ft landscape?
  9. Redmowers

Usually they start at 1000lb(per axle) up to 3500lb(per axle) .I just talked to a spring guy and he said it should handle a 16' trailer as long as you dont intend to overload it .With in it's range it is a great suspension setup.
  10. fdew

fdew LawnSite Member

I am the one who drew up the plans last year. Here is a web site. It didn't go anywhere because it can not be made in two axle. also, there is a width limit because the trailed must fit between the wheels. On the plus side, it is a simple design so it shouldn't be to expensive to build. And it has air ride suspension. As good as you can get for ride. Note that I did add a automatic safety tail gate.