1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Interesting trailer......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Aug 28, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

2. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Much easier to just dump in your trailer. Don't have to back all the way into your truck, or remove equipment to get to your truck, and you don't have to unhook to dump.
  3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

that's a pretty pimp setup
  4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well, if you have room in your trailer, then this trailer wouldn't be for you would it?
    But some need to dump in the truck bed because they don't have room in thier trailers.

I don't bag, so this isn't for me. I was simply passing the info along to those that might be interested.
  5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

6. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

That is a pretty neat setup. I have that same trailer minus the front gate. It looks like it would be easy to add the front gate. If you had a dump insert in your truck that would be a real nice setup. Then you could back right up into your truck and dump ,then take the truck to the dump. Sure beats having to throw everything into the truck by hand. Thanks for the info Gogetter that gives me another project idea.
  7. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Here's the good thing about dumping into your trailer. You back your Walker up in your trailer and dump. Then when you're ready to unload your trailer you just pull your load out with a cable. At the place I dump they have concrete blocks you can tie onto and simply pull your truck forward and walla, you've unloaded your grass. Just a lot simpler and cheaper than a dump bed. IMO
  8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

The angle of the front ramp is way too steep and short to drive a mower up. It was designed for ATV's.