1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

interesting website

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Aug 23, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am :laugh: :dizzy: :laugh: :nono:
  3. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

erm... :dizzy: Tree Huggers....

How do they expect to do a high end commercial account.. Or a acre residential account.. How in the world can you be productive with those things. They arnt even 21''. I think I saw that mower on a TV commercial.

Those tree huggers dont know what they are getting into.
  4. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent service their offering!! Its about ecological sustainability and it's getting more and more that way. I think this is something we should all read up on cause it seems to me that this method is growing in popularity every day (at least down here)
    I know of one landscape company thats is killing weeds with steam, taking over grown water courses on properties (that are a real nightmare to landscape) and turning it into a self sustainable and ecologically sustainable landscape beauty. They plant for native animals and butterfly's, practicability ie year round cut flowers and bush foods etc ( people love this kind of thing ) They plant for low maintenance and set up temporary irrigation till plants, turf is established. Defiantly the way of the future.
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like to see just how happy their employees are after mowing 3 to 4 acres in 90 degree+ weather. For a 3 man crew do they have to load 12 to 15 mowers on a trailer? lol
  6. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

Those mowers remind me of this bubble mower that my 3-year old pushes around the yard...

I would LOVE dragging an extension cord around all day...NOT!!
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

More "power" to em!!!!:D

Give it a couple years and they'll find other causes to pursue, easier and less shocking.:dizzy:
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I can't understand how they can cut grass that cheap. The Northern Virginia area they're working in isn't exactly the cheapest place to live. When they cut with those 18" mowers it has got to greatly reduce productivity compared to even a 36" gas mower. As productivity goes down the cost of operating goes up.
  9. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Why do we even bother?
    :mad: LIBERALS:mad:
  10. GLAN

GLAN Banned

And they are applying for a not for profit status.........Interesting.

Laugh all you want fellas. They found what the next niche is in the business.