1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Interior Plantscaper branching out...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jdmtnbikr, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

Hi there,

New to the forums. Pretty cool looking website!

I have a question..

I have been working for a plantscaping company for 3.5 years. Mostly interior, but some exterior as well.

I started my own interior business about 8 months ago, never really pushed it and have a grand total of one client :) Now however, I want to really give it a go on my own, and branch out to gardening and landscaping at the same time. My current client has already informed me that they would like me to take care of the exterior as well. So that is pretty cool! Also, I may be inheriting some clients from a guy who is getting out of the business.

I guess I am just looking for some advice, words of wisdom etc etc. I have been reading like crazy the last month or so books like "Sunset Western Gardener" "Sunset Western Landscaping" and "Starting a Home Based Landscaping Company by Owen Dell"

Just wanted to introduce myself, and see if anyone had any words of wisdom