intermediate z-spray question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fl-landscapes, Oct 28, 2010.

1. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Just curious why the intermediate doesnt have an intermediate liquid capacity? It has the same 18 gal capacity of the jr and jr 36, I realize it has the larger hopper but why not an "intermediate" liquid capacity of say 30 gal? Its a huge jump from the 18 gal of all the units besides the 50 gal on the max. seems like it would make sense to have an in between.

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

yea you would think they would of put bigger tanks on there. i called and asked if there was a biggert tank i could put on my jr36 they said no the 18 is the biggest they can squeeze in there unless you want the aux tank and lose your fert carrier or removing the hopper. i would love to have a 30gal tank on my 36jr. dont know if anyboy makes one in the same shape as the one thats on there now..........

you want to take my jr for a spin let me know........

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

That is why they have the "options". we have two aux tanks on the back and it has much more potential then.

they offer them as a standard, but really all of them are customizable.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Never thought of that...but good point. I am sure LT Rich wants to keep it simple as far as parts and design. Makes since to me that they do that.

But if you really think about it...the tank capacity matches the hopper capacity pretty good. If you had a larger tank you would run out of fert and still have about 12 gallon left!

Really the only difference between the Jr and Int is the hopper size and tires.

If you want more capacity I would recommend adding 1 or 2 of the 7 gallon auxillary tanks on the back.

Keeps your center of gravity low and gets you some extra sq ft! :)

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

We posted at the same time.

Great minds must think alike! :laugh:

6. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have an intermediate with one Aux tank, and the other side I have a blower holder which I made. No more trips back to the truck for the blower.:clapping:

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We are now seeing fewer "ruts" in lawns around here cuz folks have gone to T3000 units instead of "tractor-style" spreader/sprayers.

Yet even the T offers aux tanks, but we don't see the need for more tanks. If you can't spray 50,000 square feet per tankload, there's something wrong. Heck, the T also offers a boom set-up, yet we seldom use it either. All these "add ons" sound good on paper, but.......come down to the reality of everyday use. Don't care what brand. Both T's & Z's are good.

I'm with RC -- just keep it simple, cuz you won't go wrong. Don't be afraid of filling your tanks once in a while. My 2 cents

Steering with one hand, americanlawn. T-Man :usflag::canadaflag:

8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Someone flipped the switch on the "propoganda machine " again...:hammerhead:

9. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

love it!!!!!!!

10. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

I am sure parts production and ease of assembly line type production is the reason. Tank matching hopper size is kinda why I asked. The intermediate can have the same size hopper as the max but limited to the liquid capacity of the JR, you make a good point though about adding the optional 7 gal. tanks to match spread and spray capabilities on the intermediate. Guess thats the answer, and a logical one.