1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Intermitten AC on Chev Truck 2006 2500HD

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ed2hess, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So Mr Lawnsite guy where will this be moved to.....

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Ok I did that so I will have to drive it a few days to see if that changes anything. Pulled fuse for 3 min. and the five minutes I turned on AC and it worked fine. It always works fine right after turnign the engine on. Moving that temp control up/down when it is failing changes nothing until I shut off the engine and restart it.
    Chev said actuator runs around $180 does that sound right or was he quoting me installed price?:laugh:

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

thanks that is getting it narrowed to what I thought.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well thanks for getting me the correct name.....now I can google chev blend door acturator and first thing that popped up was a utube showing how to replace one. And of course all the ebay stuff came on with prices...so basically it is a $50 part. Th is internet is great thanks AL.

5. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Dude my 04 Chevy does this. Turn truck off and it will be fine for a bit. Passenger side is ice cold while my side is smoking hot. Passes me off
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I gave this a little more thought. That blend door servo has to be driven by voltageto make it move around. So when I am driving along with the temp control device in full cold the computer or something must start putting voltage on that servor to turn. Now I suppose this sliding temp control swithch could be faulty. Is my logic wrong?

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I told you what to do. Anything else and you're just guessing
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I missed your input sorry, I will get codes. What do you mean by blend door doesn't usually happen when if its sitting still? It is obvious that if I suddenly get hot air then the blend door has to operate and move the door right? So I would agree that it doesn't seem like blend door actuator is at fault.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Blend door lets outside air in. Hot air usually comes in when the car is moving. When you're sitting still it usually is somewhat cool.

I'm not sayin any one is wrong; it could very well be the door. But its too expensive to throw parts at imo
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Blend door actuator is only $40? I don't think it is the actuator either but I am trying to figure out what are the other things. The slider switch is a player right?