intermittent miss in br 600

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jeffex, Nov 6, 2007.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

my br 600 just started missing at full throttle. It is intermittent. going to check spark plug, fuel pick up, air filter , etc. today. Just wondering if its a possible valve adjustment thing on the new 4mix. 1.5 yr old unit.
  2. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Manual says adjust valves at 139 hours. I'd have the dealer install a new gas filter in the tank while you are there.
  3. jeffex

I should be in that range thanks
  4. jeffex

who knew there was a winter / summer setting in the air cleaner I found it on the stihl pdf file manual.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I saw that in my manual (yes I READ most of it! lol) Just got my BR600 last Friday. I'm going to have to check and see what mines set on now... So far it's running great. Can't wait for it to get good and broke in so I can get 100% of the power :weightlifter:
  6. jeffex

I set it to winter and it ran at open throttle without a miss but I'll see tomorrow when I run it all day. my plug looked ok but I may just put in a new one any way. great machine . I will buy another one next year.
  7. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Always replace the plug even if it looks good. It's cheap and it's where the rubber meets the road. My nephew bought a used Stihl 025 and it was running good. Then it wouldn't start. He called me to pick my brain. I asked him to change the plug. He said it looked good. I told him to change it anyway. He called back and said it works great and how did I know it was the plug. I said I wanted to eliminate the cheapest thing he could replace. I guess I got lucky!
  8. jeffex

i usually do complete maintenance over the winter and oil changes and repair during the season. Over the winter I replace all plugs ,filters ,stabil in gas , clean , and even paint to prepare for the next season. I use my br600 during the winter to blow snow off the cars and my truck so it gets year round use.
  9. jeffex

it worked fine all day thurs. I just changed it to the winter setting and sanded the electrode on the plug. I'll get a new plug any way.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What did you do so its in Winter mode