international i just bought at auction. use for lawn truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grass disaster, Nov 18, 2010.

1. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

X2 - There is a company around here that has one, they do large HOA'S and fit a lot of Wright stand on mowers in that truck.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Seen a cabover Hino today at the dump picking up mulch, it had a 26' open bed plus 4' or 5' dovetail. It is still shorter than a long wheel base truck with a 16' trailer.

3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

anyone know a good place to advertise this besides craigslist?

4. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

Harvester makes a heck of an engine... the ford 7.3 ltr diesels are made by Harvester. used to be International Harvester, known for farm equipment & diesels that don't die... school buse run harvesters.

I'd see what it costs to take the box off and install a dump. You'll get 500,000 miles or more if you take care of it and a 7 -10K net price with the dump is a pretty good deal.

Nice buy!

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Set it up to run lawn service out of it, if you don't like it sell it next summer when you can get top dollar for it.

6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well it's obviously not a lawn truck, the thought that it might be useful for this may have crossed your mind
    but it's not the reason you bought it, and that's why I'm just itching to give off some real smart-ass remarks.

You know like gfl, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you, and such.
    Hopefully you see the humor in it, because I don't.

8. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i'm onpen to any remarks.

with a little clean up i dont see where i wouldnt be ablt to get about $9500

again it needs a little touch up but the drive train is like new with only 40k on it.

i talked to the mechanic who worked on all the lumber yards trucks and he said it's always ben a good truck and hes glad i didnt buy the other one cuz it had some problems.

trucksmall.JPG

9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I would take that sucker and branch off into a moving company or just rent it out to movers.

10. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Just an idea. Why not take the box off and use it for storage for equipment or whatever and have a landscape body put on it.

Dave...