international symbols

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captken, Feb 15, 2003.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know where to find a source for international symbols for lawn equipment? A man weedeating, hedge trimming mowing ect? You know, the type of no language symbols used for
    road signs ect?
    The idea is to create a sign for my trailer ramp. My company name, the phone number and the easily recognizable symbols around the sign. Any help would be apreciated. Also what do you think of this idea?
    Keeping it simple.
  2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have to recommend

They should have what you are looking for and they have a fairly wide array to choose from....good luck.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

This is the only symbol you need to know;)

4. captken

thanks, has some good stuff. However, I was looking for something more like the symbols on the shaft of my shindaiwa trimmer, or like those you see in some owner's manuals. All black image against either a yellow or white background. I'm sure what I'm looking for exist, but so far I've been unable to locate by myself on www.
    I think a sign with these symbols would be instantly recognizable to potential clients and be out of the ordinary.
    I must say I wish I'd found out about this web site a couple a years ago, the tips and viewpoints of the members is an invaluable tool.
    I did a search here to find a solution to raising the heavy gate on my trailer. I found simple and intellegent ways to build a gate lift system. And by doing research and incorperating what I feel to be the best points from many different designs, built my own, which I am proud of. I couldn't have done it without the imput from others. Thanks!
  5. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Check www.clip
    If that doesn't help you try scanning it from your owners manual.
    Take out the white back round and put in a yellow one. If you can scan it post it on here and I could put in the yellow back round. I have Corel Draw. I just don't have a scanner. Travis
  6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Hope this works!

warning sign.jpg
  7. captken

Kudos mickhippy! i really like that. No one could have done any better. Do you design? That is what I want!...Minus the blood and gore and lost appendage! Aren't we creative individuals or what? I want the same type of graphics for my advertising. I wish I could design stuff like that. Thanks, can you create other symbols? I want to include that type of [for lack of a better term] stuff, for my tailgate advertising on the trailer. Peace.

Hey Hey, MY MY Rock and Roll can never die
  8. Mickhippy

Thanks for the kind words captken but it took me all of 2 minutes and no graffic training here. Just a couple of beers and a bourbon or 2. It was ment to get a laugh and hopefully it does. I suppose I could do others. How about this one.

brush  cutter.jpg
  9. Mickhippy

I'll try and make this the last one. Hope you get it!

run down dog.jpg
  10. captken

Thats pretty good, I can use a laugh or two. I'm sure there are others out there who are with me on that one. Anyone else care to post? This can be fun. I am just not that computer literate to do that stuff.