International Terrastar

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SDLandscapes VT, Jan 25, 2012.

1. crazymike

crazymike LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I also want one of those mini trucks for walkway crew

2. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

International Terrastar 4 x 2

regular cab/chassis $44,096.77

I really loved the mits more--I m a sucker for cabovers but I really needed more hauling/towing capacity. I will convert my maintenance and enhancements to these in time--GREAT ride

3. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

When I was looking to add a truck a few years back, I was really interested in the mitsu fg. After driving it though, I wasn't impressed with its towing capacity and lack of auto tranny for plowing. Fix those two issues and I would seriously consider them. I try to plow as much as possible in 2wd, but inevitably every storm I'm glad I have 4wd because I need it. I am really hoping GM does reenter the medium duty market. 1 ton trucks are a joke when it comes to useable payload. Pricing is ridiculous also.

4. SDLandscapes VT

mits 4 x 4 is now "auto" rather donzi--no clutch and does have an auto mode

5. gscapes

gscapes LawnSite Member

I got two new international dura stars and i love them. There good trucks and i recommend them to all. The best trucks out their are the chevy 5500 and up but unfortunatly their not making them anyone or atleast right now. We just got a new Isuzu NRR and I'm switching back to internationals when i get another truck next year.

6. crazymike

crazymike LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Chevy 5500s are terrible when it comes to utility trucks. They put all the battery isolated underneath the steps, exposed to everything you ever drive over. So half way through the plowing season they would rot out and leave the truck dead on the road.

7. gscapes

gscapes LawnSite Member

thats why i dont plow crazymike. i got a 5500 with 50,000 on it and havnt put much more than basic maintenance into it. i got a 4500 with about 110k on it and this will be the first year anything major has gone wrong with it. love the chevys

8. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Same deal with the Isuzu NPR / NQR. Never been a problem for us out here in CA!

9. SDLandscapes VT

had a 5500 in MN and loved it--not in production currently and I don t really have a good source for used

10. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

At what mileage point do you dump your isuzus?