International Terrastar

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SDLandscapes VT, Jan 25, 2012.

1. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

So far truck has worked out excellent. No real problems at all. We did have to have the computer reset by the dealer at one point because it developed a shifting issue, but the reprogramming took care of it. Haven't really ever checked the fuel mileage on the truck since we put it into service.

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Fuel mileage on the 6.4 will be about 7- 10 mpg
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

Would be interested to know if how International addressed all the problems Ford had with the 6.4. I sure would be interested to know what kind of mileage you are getting. Share if you get the chance to figure the mileage.

4. haul

haul LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2013 Terrastar. Very strong truck and very nice work truck. Love it. I also have a Ford F350 also happy with that truck. But the Terrastar is a nice strong truck.

5. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Got any pics of it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I just started looking for a new truck also. how have they been preforming, and is the fuel mileage just 7 to 10 ?

7. DuallyVette

Posted via Mobile Device

8. DuallyVette

I'm looking at a Terrastar. How about an update
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

I never did check the mileage. The truck overall has been excellent. It hasnt had any issues needing to return the shop. When we first got it, it had an issue with the computer and wouldnt climb a hill, but they reflashed the computer and we never had the problem again. We have a 10' fisher plow on this truck and have not put a sander in the back yet. We just put some sand in for ballast. For plowing the truck does absolutely great. So far we are extremely impressed with our truck. The guys really like the visibility when driving.

10. DuallyVette

That's great. Thanks for the reply. how many miles do you have on it now. I know that I don't put many miles on my dump truck.