1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Internet Explorer for my Mac

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 3, 2008.

1. I've got a scheduling software I'm looking at that is internet based but I can only access it using IE 6 or better which doesn't seem to be available for MACS any more. I've tried Firefox, Camino, Safari, (You will be happy to know I finally dumped Netscape). Any suggestions?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Step one is to contact the software developer. Since IE7 is the current 'standard' I wonder if they're up to speed on making necessary changes down the line.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

mac's run IE

4. Wet_Boots

big macs give me the runs

5. Problem solved. Found a site that downloads something called Darwine and an IE app that requires to be run on X11 a weird little app on my MAC that I don't truly understand but whatever now I'm into the ESC website.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Run as in, How you run away from kiril's equations?

macs rule

pc's drool

7. Wet_Boots

Yeah, good thing I didn't have Bernoulli talking me out running ten rotors from a 5/8 meter, when I calculated it would work. :p

Windows 98 forever!!

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

According to my resident Mac user, Bootcamp (free with Leopard) or Parallel (costs about $80) allow you to run Windows on your Mac, and thereby run IE... though they require you partition your hard drive....

She tells me IE was dropped for the Mac some time ago....

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

It may be possible to trick the site by sending them the user agent string they are looking for. Both Firefox and Opera will allow you to change this value.

Peter, what is the software and what language is it written in?

10. Wet_Boots

Time to switch to Linux
    [​IMG]