Internet Marketing!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Larson Lawn Care, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a website for the past several years. I notice that a few keywords pull my site up on the first page, but not many. Do you guys use any search visibility, adwords, or pay for any other service to boost your website visibility? Do they focus on just local, or anytime someone types lawn maintenance it pops up, even if they are in New York and I am in Missouri? Any info on this will be helpful.

2. Larson Lawn Care

Anybody got something for me?

3. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I'm pretty sure you can limit the geographic area in adwords. Did you do a search on this forum? Lots of stuff to read.

4. Larson Lawn Care

I did some, but what I was finding was outdated, I'm sure there is new ways since a few years ago.

5. Larson Lawn Care

Well this section isn't helpful

6. Larson Lawn Care

I'm glad this was moved from the business management section.

7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i hear ya. yes its kinda slow over here in the wed disc section. no one wants to help

8. Larson Lawn Care

yea, I just saw tumbleweed blow across the screen!

9. Larson Lawn Care

Thanks a lot Chris, that was very informative. I am going to set up a links page on my website, and have other companies place my link on their site. I also set up a profile on merchants circle not sure if it is nationwide, but it is for local businesses to promote their business on the web. I might try the adwords, but I will make sure I research as much as I can about it.

thanks again Chris

-Mike

10. dfw-internetmarketing

dfw-internetmarketing LawnSite Member

hey guys sorry i am late.

Just became a sponsor today so let's jump right in.
    First off yes you can target locally on Google Adwords. Always title your adwords like this Service City or Miami Lawn Care or Miami tree Timming
    then follow up the description with more of the same.

Description : Get Free Miami Lawn Care Quotes or Miami Lawn Service Start Today

Never buy the Content Network if you know what that is. These leads are not as targeted so you will pay out the butt for clicks that are more or less a waste of your money.

Want some free advice. Make a video and title it and tag it and then in the description put your URL in there first with the whole http://www.yourdomain.com then go on to tell what the video is about.

Groovy:usflag: