internetyellowpages.com

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Tim Johnson, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson LawnSite Member

Anybody have these guys calling and attempt to collect money from you? They called me today, and they played a recording of me saying my name, address, phone, number, and billing address. Then the kid picked up, and said I'm 5 months past due, and I owe them $500 bucks, and I said BS. I said I do ads with yellowpages.com, not internetyellowpages.com, and I don't owe you a dollar, then they said they don't want to take me to collections, so they will close the debt right now if I pay $250 bucks. Then I said i'm not going to pay you a single dollar, and then he said he's going to call me once a week until I pay the debt off plus $15 a week interest. So is this a scam? What do you think?

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Is internetyellowpages.com associated with my local printed directory?
    No, internetyellowpages.com is not associated with any printed phone books. Our site, internetyellowpages.com, is classified by the industry as an Internet Yellow Pages(IYP) providing access to local business listings and advertising over the Internet.

3. Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson LawnSite Member

Update, I just called internetyellowpages.com, and they told me you don't have to pay to be listed on there site, and the company I'm calling about is the-interent-yellowpages.com, and they recieve 20-30 a day about this same topic. They said they reported them to the BBB and they believe its a scam. So beware, don't do anything with the yellow pages on th net, unless it's thru your yellow pages sales person.