Interview for Human Resource Management Class

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pyrocare, Mar 14, 2006.

1. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

I am currently in college at the University of South Dakota majoring in Business Management. I am also running a lawn care business in Vermillion (I do the work I can do and the rest is done by the 2 crews I have).

One of my classes I am taking is Human Resources Management (BADM 460 for those who care) and the current assignment was to interview some professionals and bring a copy of the interview to class. I naturally thought about the Green Industry and wanted to do the interview on some of the people on this board. The Interview is below. Name and Company Name is optional but would be appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------

Name:
    Company Name:

1. How long have you been in the Green Industry?

2. What, if any, formal education do you have?

3. What skills are required for your particular service mix?

4. How large of a staff does your organization maintain?

5. What were some professions you were in, if any, prior to entering the Green Industry?

6. What made you decide to enter into the Green Industry and in particular the niche you are in?

7. What are some of the human resource issues you have encountered while in the Green Industry?

8. What are some of the management issues in general you have encountered while in the Green Industry?

9. How have you tried to overcome the gradual change to the feeling that the Green Industry is a commodity?

10. What was/is the hardest problem you have had to overcome while in the Green Industry?

2. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

Bump

I just need 2 of these interviews

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I would help you out, but I'm solo, and I don't think that situation is of any value to you for some of these questions, right?

4. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

It is okay if some of the questions don't apply to you. Just skip over the ones which do not apply.

Thank you very much for your help