Interview from hell

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ferrante's Lawn Service, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Ferrante's Lawn Service

Ferrante's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from N.J.

I recently place an add in the local newspaper. I got a couple of calls so I decided to interview one of the guys that sounded good.Well when i meet him lets just say he was not someone you wanted your customers to see.I am a firm believer you can tell a lot about a person from there looks.Well ill make it short.I don't know how people look when they are on drugs but when u come to an interview and you are talking to someone and they are grinding there teeth and couldn't even sit still and acting weird i knew something was wrong.So i told him I have to talk to more people and ill get back to him.As i was leaving he got in my car i said can I help u and he told me we have to go to work.I said get out and you will never work for me.Its so hard to find good people.

2. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

meth, crack, or cocaine. probably meth or crack, coke is too expensive

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I just hope you do not conduct interviews in your home!

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Ferrante so your not going to hire me?!??! I need the money mannnnnn! LOL

It looks like i am going to be needed an employee or 2 this year. I am scared as hell about it!

Matt

5. Ferrante's Lawn Service

Ferrante's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from N.J.

No, I would never bring a stranger to my house.We meet at Dunkin Donuts.

6. sheshovel

No wonder..he was afraid the cops would come in there and bust him for under the influence of drugs..Dunkin Doughnuts for gods sake!

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Good friggin place to conduct interviews just in case though.

8. sheshovel

aagreed it will weed out the ones on the wanted posters anyway!

9. ODwyerPW

ODwyerPW LawnSite Member

Ferrante & Mrusk,
    I meet potential hires at Dunkin Donuts too. However, I meet them at 7:30 AM, just prior to catching up with the rest of the guys on the job site at 8:00AM.

Saves me allot of grief. Only about 20% actually keep the appointment. Seriously... 1 in 5. You know how much trouble that saves me not hiring someone I will only have to fire because they can't get up in the morning?!

10. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like Meth or Crack.......I agree, IMAGE is everything.:waving: