Interview Help

Discussion in 'Employment' started by gixxerjoe04, Jul 22, 2011.

1. gixxerjoe04

gixxerjoe04 LawnSite Member
    from ky

Had a question about interviewing for a landscape position. I have an interview for a crew leader position and was wondering what the appropriate attire would be and also any questions i could expect to get? I was going to wear khakis, button down, and nice pair of boots in case they show me around the shop. Thanks for any info
  2. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

suit and tie
  3. kilman

kilman LawnSite Member

just look nice but dont show up in blue jeans:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
  4. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

X2 Be professional. As the crew leader you will be dealing with clients and they want to know that you have the ability to do so in a professional manner. May seem like much, but if your experience shows you can get dirty witht he rest of them, you should be fine.
  5. gixxerjoe04

gixxerjoe04 LawnSite Member
    from ky

Well being that the heat index was like 110 that day i went with a button down and khakis instead of a suit so i wouldnt have massive pit stains haha. But it worked out fine, got the job, start in 2 weeks. Being a crew leader assistant first until i learn the ropes and their way of doing everything. Pretty excited about it because the job I'm at now is boring as hell.
  6. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

Congratulations on the job
  7. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I would not be the person to ask, but if anyone came looking for a job to me I would want them dressed for the job. suit and tie don't impress me. What if I told you to mow my lawn for the interview? You would be screwed. I think dressing as a professional landscaper is more impressive, you know the type. Thats my 2 cents.