Intro and relocating

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kmwerner, Jan 15, 2003.

1. kmwerner

kmwerner LawnSite Member

My name is Jeff Werner and I am from Southeastern, IN. I have been in the lawn care business for 9 years now. I recently sold my business and am planning to relocate to Central Florida to restart my business.

Up here I used Grasshopper 928Ds but I am not sure what size or type of mower I should purchase to do residential lawns in FL?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading this site for some time now and know that there are many very knowledgable lawn care professionals here.

Jeff Werner
  2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

the most popular ZTR here is a Chopper..We also have Gravely, Toro, ExMark, GrassHopper,Kees, Those ones you stand on (that hurt my back)..Those are prolly the most popular brands..Shindiawa and Stihl are the most popular for 2 stroke machines..What part of Central Fla are you coming to..

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The biggest worry that if I was you is the type of grass. You are going to be switching from a cool season grass to a warm season grass. Two different types of operation methods. I would be more worried about the grass species than the mower types right now.
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member