1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Intro, and thanks for having me!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PAR Lawn, Feb 25, 2009.

1. PAR Lawn

PAR Lawn LawnSite Member

Hi,
    I'm new in the business, 7 months. I started working my Dad's lawn @ 14yrs. old, and liked it. I have had a few jobs since then, but I really liked working outside. I got the opportunity July 08 to start my own business, I thought about being a poolman, then I talked to poolmen and they said no way, find something else, so I chose LawnCare.
    I have walked many, many, many neighborhoods putting out flyers that I made. I have had great success in doing this! It's so funny though. You can put out 500 flyers and get 1 call, then the next day put out 50 and get 5 calls. I'm at the point where I'm getting referals from other referals now, and the business is starting to snowball. I have 18 customers and my income is over 35K and growing. I have been studying and reading, talking to other guys out there, and I have learned so much. I have to say though, it's no cakewalk getting it started. I have always been of the school, "You have to put your heart and soul into what you're doing." Plus loving what you're doing always helps!
    I'm very glad that I stumbled onto this site. It's tax time now and I have to start the expense thing, so if there is anyone out there who can point me to a good tax program, TurboTax, or H & R. Or even if I should stay away from that all together. I have like no trust for the evil tax man...lol!
    You all have a great week and remember,..green side up!

2. lawnfreak09

lawnfreak09 LawnSite Member

hey welcome to the site. i did all my taxes on turbo tax. real simple stuff. good luck

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

What are you stealing my job? Just kidding.

PAR Lawn: Welcome to the site and good luck in '09.