Intro letter to new customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FERT-TEK, Apr 2, 2005.

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

First, before I post this letter, I have a question of ethics. A couple years ago I bought a CD from E-bay that has basic information in it on how to start up a lawn care business. Included in it are form letters for selling the business to the customer. Recently I tailored one of the letters slightly to meet my needs. It is a letter introducing myself to potential customers through bulk mailing. Do you think it would be unethical or possibly illegal to post that letter here for critique? I have slightly changed it but the body of the letter remains the same.

If I post the letter, what I am hoping to do is find ways through LS to sharpen the letter further. I hope a good letter will help set the hook on some customers that might be looking for a LCO and help tighten up my route. Trying to add 10 more accounts.
  2. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

You paid for that right when you bought the CD. If you use your company name on the letter and as you said changed some things it's yours. I did the same thing, and now use those letters with my changes and business name.
    Best of luck! :cool:
  3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

You bought it...its yours, do with it what you want.
  4. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

Post it we can all help you

Here it is didn't mean to make this so dramatic. Still not sure I am doing the right thing. Although by changing the letter slightly it is now mine.
    I know that one thing you guys might wack me on is not having a signed contract but I have cleverly disguised it as a service agreement that will require a two week notice for cancellation of services. I have never been burned by this before but I am a small LCO and have most of my original accounts from over 10 years ago and my route is pretty tight already. Just looking to land a couple more next to jobs I already have
  6. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

FLC Dave, what was that CD? I might wanna pick one up for myself. Thanks.

I cant find the original CD. I printed all the form letters that were in it and put them in a business file for reference. I do know that there are a couple of them there. I think mine had the picture of a ride on Scag mower on the front. Just check the outdoor power equipment section.

PS, I am trying to up my posts with the hope of being labled a Lawn site Addict by Christmas.