1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Intro sentence for high end residentials?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GarPA, Jan 10, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I 'm about to stick my toe into high end residential marketing. Avg home values 500-750k. I have some very good marketing letters for my commercial work and some 'ok' ones for average residential. Been told by more than a few business owners that my marketing materials are quite professional....well for some reason I cannot come up with an intro line for this new marketing attempt...something professional and yet keeps their attention b4 it goes into the trash can(I'll be using direct mail)

If you market to this segment would you mind sharing your intro lines?...just the first one or two will do...the rest of my letter is done. Feel free to email me if you prefer...thanks much
  2. Tidycut

Tidycut LawnSite Member

Do you have writers block? :D How 'bout one of these:

Does your home crave visual curb appeal?

Yearning for visual curb appeal?

Desiring an immaculate lawn?

Need lawn charisma?

Are neighbors mesmerized by your pristine landscape?

Create landscape magnetism; LCO helps open the realm of possibilities for your deserving home.

I hope you find something that works, good luck.

3. GarPA

from PA

Tidycut....very good ideas....I like a couple of them allot....I like you idea of asking them a question...rather than just starting my marketing blah blah blah....your ideas fixed my writers cramp....thanks
  4. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

does a big house make them above " average " residential?
    i have learned that 99% of the time, a big house is equals a big mortgage, which then leads to empty bank accounts and late bills.
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Your Properties Landscape can Represent 20-15% of Your Properties Value

Isn't it Worth to Have a Professional Maintain that Value ?
  6. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Garpa, Buy the book, "Words that Sell" by Bayan. It has hundreds of marketing words and phrases with categories for whom you are trying to market to. They have several pages on catering to wealthy people and what words they like to see. We cater exclusively to this clientel. Although still under major construction, my website www.grasshopperlandscaping.com, might have a few tips on some of the words we use to make them feel important. If you can't find the book, I can email you the page of words devoted to serving above average clientel.

7. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

The word FREE will get most peoples attention. That's what you're after right?
  8. GarPA

from PA

Tony not sure I understand your comment. I give my marketing examples to other people in this biz...for 'free'.

Re: the word FREE...perhaps I'm stubborn but I decided a long time ago that "free" would not be part of any marketing ads. I dont do anything for free....of course estimates for jobs I dont get are free, but estimate time is in fact included in the price for any contract work. I think allot of other guys who watch their numbers closely do not really give "free" estimates. So if its not true I wont say it.

ldmb1...thanks...fyi your web site would not load...I dont think the problem is at my end....tried it twice and both times it would not open after about 5 minutes of waiting
  9. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Big houses do not always mean that people are tapped. Sure some are. Professionals what to employ professionals! You are missing out on a market segment that can be very accomodating for you. The only advice is that one must understand that every resident in that neiborhood may not be the right match for your company. Unfortunately not every one in these neiborhoods are true professionals. No company in my opinion should be closing and receiving 100% or even 80% of the work that they bid. If they are getting every job that they bid, they should review to see if they are working below their costs.

Good luck in these big house areas should you choose to pursue it.
  10. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I was referring to free estimates etc... Also, a free annual soil sample would be good. Just fudge $15 into their service to cover it. Bakers dozen=13, people want something for nothing for the most part and feel good if they get their monies worth and better if they get more (or the perception). The word free is an attention getter no matter who you are.